Community Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Members Forums Digital Marketing Digital Marketing Trends for 2019

• Digital Marketing Trends for 2019

Posted by Mateo on October 10, 2019 at 4:21 am

Here are some of the trends it talks about and predictions it makes

– Instagram ad spend growing 44% year to year and saw largest visit growth at 114%

– Facebook and Google text ad spend decreasing

– CTR for ads in Facebook newsfeed down for the first time in a year, – 8%

– DuckDuckGo outpacing other search engines in terms of growth, but still relatively small

This seems to confirm a hunch I’ve had: that PPC advertising is either going to phase out or be replaced by something else, and that people are gravitating away from Facebook and will start using Instagram as their preferred platform of choice until the next big thing comes along, which will probably be in the next 5-10 years or so if not sooner. Speaking as a newcomer in this field so I may be wrong.

What else do you predict this year or see happening now?

John replied 4 years, 7 months ago 5 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Alyssa

October 10, 2019 at 4:21 am

Google text ad spend decreasing but dynamic search ads and responsive search ads increasing.

Doesn’t mean less spending on google ads, just mean people are moving away from text ads and moving toward dynamic and responsive.

• Luna

October 10, 2019 at 4:22 am

Yeah. I think this is what OP is trying to say as well. It is interesting how dynamics are changing. It’s exciting!

• Steve

October 10, 2019 at 4:22 am

Really interesting insights. Thanks for sharing OP. It has got me excited to be honest.

• John

Administrator
    October 10, 2019 at 4:23 am

As someone working in the industry for (maybe too) many years this year’s trend seems to be going back to basics.

As everyone is competing for the best ad palcement, if you don’t get it you have to start making the most out of what you get so making campaigns things that are actually good and engaging while making the most out of what you have will be the “trend”.

That an personalisation through behavioural tareting using predictive analytics to create these campaigns in the first place..haha

Reply to: Mateo
Here are some of the trends it talks about and pr…
Cancel
Your information:

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now